• Bitte schaltet eure Ad Blocker aus. SLinfo kann nur betrieben werden, wenn es durch Werbung Einnahmen erzielt. Vielen Dank!!
  • Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich in unserem Forum anmeldest. Bitte beachte, dass die Freigabe per Hand durchgeführt wird (Schutz vor Spammer). Damit kann die Freigabe bis zu 24 Stunden dauern.
  • Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren, Funktionen für soziale Medien anbieten zu können und die Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Sie geben Einwilligung zu unseren Cookies, wenn Sie unsere Webseite weiterhin nutzen.

Getting Immersed in Second Life

Kila Shan

Moderatorin
Teammitglied
Getting Immersed in Second Life

Posted by Rodvik Linden on Jan 20, 2011 11:34:53 PM

Hello, everyone!
Firstly, thank you all for your kind words of welcome. It has been an unexpected delight to receive goodwill messages from so many Residents. I also appreciate the many thoughtful comments on BK Linden’s blog post announcing my appointment. I have read them and will be addressing some of your questions as soon as I’m a bit more settled in.
One of my highest priorities, over the last few weeks, was spending as much time as possible exploring inworld (with an alt and now Rodvik Linden) to better understand the product experience, your needs, and the culture of Second Life. I have discovered so much. I am amazed on a daily basis by what you have created. Over the holidays, I enjoyed many winter landscapes and seasonal activities. And, more recently, I have been playing around with vehicles and animals.
On the creation front, I am slowly learning how to build by playing around with the land tool and the building environment. I love trees and plants, so I probably overdid it a bit there
happy.gif

Next, I wanted to see how the scripting system worked. So, I made myself a “mail post” that emailed me. I was very impressed by how easy it was to get up and running.

Having no shelter on my island seemed a bit odd. So, I built myself a shack. It doesn't look like much, but it’s home.

Finally, I like the water so I built myself a simple raft to cruise around in. (OK, it’s very simple. But it works!)

Getting immersed in Second Life is the fun part of the job and I can see why you love the world that you’ve created.
I’m in the process of getting up to speed and working with the team to finalize our plans for 2011. I hope to start sharing more in coming weeks.
Until then, thank you again for such a warm welcome and please follow me on Twitter @rodvik. I look forward to serving you--our customers--in the times ahead.

Rod Humble / Rodvik Linden

Irgendwie niedlich, dass er alles austestet. Aber eins ist klar, noch kann er nicht wirklich gut bauen. Mal schaun, wie schnell er lernt ^^

Ja, süss. *grins*

Also ...eine Landschaft, ein Häuschen, ein Boot das schwimmt, UND ein gescripteter Briefkasten.
Schon mal nicht übel würde ich sagen. ;-)

Hehe - er sollte mal auch die anderen Viewer ausprobieren - wenn er jetzt schon sagt, dass das Bauen leicht war, dann wird er das bei einer Viewer 1.x-UI auf jeden Fall noch leichter finden :p

Wahhhh... ich fass es nicht. Der Mann soll nicht spielen, der soll arbeiten! *lach* Oder steht der Titel CEO bei LL für Chief Experimental Officer?

Balt, noch optimistisch :)

Na Fast Easy Fun, da gehört spielen eben dazu.

Mir kam das auch sympatisch rüber.

Immerhin ist es jemand der es als normal empfinden dürfte ein Produkt möglichst beliebt bei seinen Kunden zu machen.
Der letzte CEO wollte das Produkt Businesskunden auf die Nase binden die noch nicht mal ein Bedürfniss dafür entdeckt oder die Hardware dazu hatten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Zurück
Oben Unten