• Bitte schaltet eure Ad Blocker aus. SLinfo kann nur betrieben werden, wenn es durch Werbung Einnahmen erzielt. Vielen Dank!!
  • Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich in unserem Forum anmeldest. Bitte beachte, dass die Freigabe per Hand durchgeführt wird (Schutz vor Spammer). Damit kann die Freigabe bis zu 24 Stunden dauern.
  • Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren, Funktionen für soziale Medien anbieten zu können und die Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Sie geben Einwilligung zu unseren Cookies, wenn Sie unsere Webseite weiterhin nutzen.

Graduation Day

L

LLBlog

Have you ever noticed how rarely the departure of an executive from a company is regarded as good news?* I find that really odd, for consider the opposite:* How many companies fail for refusing to evolve their leadership?* In my observation, great companies evolve their management around the reality that experienced executives enjoy different stages of company development.

I'm leaving Linden Lab, some of the finest people I've ever known and the most ambitious project I've ever seen.* And the most passionate, intelligent, challenging, engaging Residents in any world.* And that's good news; it's a graduation of sorts for the company and for me.* Yet I'm sure that pundits who prefer their underinformed opinions to verifiable facts will try to find bad news.

The facts are that over the past four years, I've seen Second Life rise from an obscure project of a few dozen people to a worldwide brand with undeniable leadership in a new sector that we helped define.* We've built a profitable business with diverse revenue lines, broad interest from consumer to enterprise, hundreds of employees, half a billion hours of use annually, and great new leadership.*
I believe that Second Life is in a better position than ever before to succeed in making virtual worlds part of everyday online life.* I'm happy to see that my path ends with the company in peak condition.
As for me, it's time for a new challenge.* I love helping to grow wild startups, and I plan to spend some time exploring a few of my own ideas.* I may never see anything as wild as Second Life, but it's a big world out there and I'm entering it with the benefit of the incredible education that you have given me.* I hope our real or virtual paths cross again someday.* My deepest thanks to all of you for taking part in the journey.

(Note to all business development inquiries:* Sorry if I haven't had a chance to contact you personally before this posted - rest assured we are working through an orderly transition, and I'll strive to ensure that all of you are in good hands before my last day, by the end of this month.)

ndZTROU2_K0

Weiterlesen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Zurück
Oben Unten