• Bitte schaltet eure Ad Blocker aus. SLinfo kann nur betrieben werden, wenn es durch Werbung Einnahmen erzielt. Vielen Dank!!
  • Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich in unserem Forum anmeldest. Bitte beachte, dass die Freigabe per Hand durchgeführt wird (Schutz vor Spammer). Damit kann die Freigabe bis zu 24 Stunden dauern.
  • Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren, Funktionen für soziale Medien anbieten zu können und die Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Sie geben Einwilligung zu unseren Cookies, wenn Sie unsere Webseite weiterhin nutzen.

Link failed - pieces too far apart

Manu Toll schrieb:
Ich habe da die Zahl 300 im Kopf.

Frage aber bitte nicht, wo die herkommt :shock:
Ich würde da eher von 200 Prims ausgehen.

Mein erstes umgebautest Haus, habe ich erst wieder zu einem Teil zusammen setzen könne, als es unter 200 Prims war.
Wenn 300 das maximum ist, hätte ich niemals Probleme bekommen.

Gruß Hydi

Hi
die max. Anzahl von prims in einem linkset sind 256.
Die Formel nach der man die max. Entfernung unter Einbeziehung der Größe der prims berechnen kann:

Andrew Linden schrieb:
Link algorithm exposed
When linking two or more primitives in SL [libary:9c3c460b34]Abkürzung für [Second Life][/libary:9c3c460b34] the operation may fail if the pieces are too far apart. I've had a few requests for details about the algorithm used to determine whether a collection of primitives can be linked or not, and have decided to post the details here for those who want them.

So here is the algorithm in pseudo-code. First, let me declare some definitions and constants...

Code:
AABB = axis aligned bounding box

// The AABB of a primitive is the box that contains the sphere
// (centered on the primitive's center of mass (as computed by
// Havok, not the "primitive's geometric center)) that contains
// the primitive for all rotations.

float MAX_LINK_PAIR_DISTANCE = 1; // cap max dist btw tiny prims
float MAX_LINK_DISTANCE = 32; // cap max dist btw large prims

... and then there are two key functions...

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------
// can_link(collection_of_primitives)
AABB box_list[] = array of AABB's of the collection_of_primitives

// first do quick check of the absolute size of final linked collection

AABB total_box = tight box that contains the centers of all
the boxes in box_list[];

float L = length of diagonal of total_box;

if (L > MAX_LINK_DISTANCE) return FALSE;

// The link did not fail due to its sheer size, however if the
// individual pieces are too small then the link may still fail.

total_box = box_list[0];
int linked_box_count = 1;

while (linked_box_count < total_box_count
&& the_last_pass_did_not_fail)
{
the_last_pass_did_not_fail = FALSE;
for (i=0; i<total_box_count; i++)
{
if (box_list[i] not yet linked)
{
if we_can_link(box_list[i] with total_box)
{
total_box = smallest_union_box(total_box and box_list[i]);
the_last_pass_did_not_fail = TRUE;
total_box_count++;
}
}
}
}

return (linked_box_count == total_box_count)

// can_link(box_a with box_b)

// the link can fail if the centers of the boxes are too far apart
// or if the distance between the boxes is too small for the sum
// of their sizes

float da = diagonal of box_a;
float db = diagonal of box_b;
float ab = distance between centers of box_a and box_b;

return (ab < MAX_LINK_DISTANCE
&& ab < (da + db + MAX_LINK_PAIR_DISTANCE));

A few final comments...

(1) It is possible that this algorithm may change in the future, however we'll try hard not to make it more restrictive, since this would cause some currently linked objects to cease to link. I mention this because when we move to Havok-2 it is possible that the computations of the AABB's of the various pieces may change (for instance it may be that tight spheres will be used instead of AABB's as the proxy collision objects of some objects).

(2) The link test is done server-side only so there is no way to bypass it by cracking the client. In fact, virtually all operations that have any effect on the world fail or succeed on the server rather than the client. For some operations we also check on the client so we can disable the UI for those that are guaranteed to fail. The reason we don't do that for linking is that the client knows nothing about the physics engine and we use information from the physics engine to determine link success.

(3) The astute may have noticed that there is a slight order-of-operations failure for collections of clumps of very small primitives where the clumps rhemselves are spaced such that they just barely link, and each clump barely links itself. For such a scenario the link will succeed or fail depending on the order in which the primitives are selected. This is a known problem, however all of these objects sparse (mostly empty space) and barely fit into the set of objects that we wanted to support for linking.

Gruß Hoerman

Users who are viewing this thread

Zurück
Oben Unten