• Bitte schaltet eure Ad Blocker aus. SLinfo kann nur betrieben werden, wenn es durch Werbung Einnahmen erzielt. Vielen Dank!!
  • Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich in unserem Forum anmeldest. Bitte beachte, dass die Freigabe per Hand durchgeführt wird (Schutz vor Spammer). Damit kann die Freigabe bis zu 24 Stunden dauern.
  • Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren, Funktionen für soziale Medien anbieten zu können und die Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Sie geben Einwilligung zu unseren Cookies, wenn Sie unsere Webseite weiterhin nutzen.

More than just Gaming - G.O.B. Board Gaming Studio

Somehow Peccable

Neuer Nutzer
Some days ago a good friend of mine - Astroboy Bigboots - invited me to see his new place: Game on Board (G.O.B.). A nice board gaming hangout.
The stylish and cozy lounge represents well the vision he has. G.O.B. is a place to socialize and to have fun in a decent and enjoyable atmosphere. Or as he says in how own words
"Can games, philosophy and arts combine and enrich each other?" - Well, I definitely think so!

Snapshot_001.png

Enjoying the friendly and relaxed ambiance.

space+invaders-_003.png

Space Invaders! Time for me to save planet Earth again...

astro_001.png

Astroboy - founder of G.O.B. and pleasant host.

G.O.B. offers the 2-player classics Khet, Esselone (known as Abalone in the offline-world), and Go as well as a growing range of solitaire games. For Astroboy games offer much more than competition and playing just for winning. In the end it doesn't really matters who wins a game at all if you have fun!

Because of this G.O.B. is not only focused at the die-hard players. Visitors also find there a great place for teaching and learning games, for meeting new people, having good conversations and for listening to a tasteful selected music-stream.

the+game+is+called+khet_001.png

At the Khet-table

One of the most interesting games there is Khet. It is similar to Chess. The big difference is that you direct a laser beam with your tokens with the goal to kill the king of your contender. This allows quite complex maneuvers - and gives pretty cool looking results:

khet+in+action_003.png

Khet in action!

Me+and+mr-+dwarf+-+inspired+by+the+artist+john+bauer_001.png

Me and Mr. Dwarf. This cute fellow is inspired by the Swedish artist John Bauer btw.

Gmok+the+wize_001.png

Meeting Gmok the wise. A stoic it seems.

zelda+philosophy_001.png

Caught in a musing moment...

they+grow+some+strange+space+plants+here_001.png

They grow some strange space plants here.

I+think+it+just+waved+to+me_002.png

Hmmm - I think it just waved at me...

The design of the place as well as the plants and the furniture are creations of our friend Albert Beerbaum, owner of Herbalys - pretty cute stuff, isn't it?

There are also occasional events planned at the lower deck:

and+they+have+a+dj+booth+too-_001.png

Yay! A DJ-booth!

Now+how+do+we+spell+it-+g-+o-+b+-+gob-_001.png

And a dancefloor! How do we spell the place again?

gob_001.png

G.O.B in its full glory. In its modular appearance it shares similarities with its space-themed predecessor Zapped!

To make a long story short: G.O.B. is a charming lounge (not only for board-games) with an enchanting design and a friendly community. Check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Zurück
Oben Unten